Action for AIDS is the leading provider of community-based HIV prevention programmes and support services in Singapore. An opportunity has arisen within its team for a Communications Executive. If you believe you have the right skill sets, attitude and want to make a difference we would like to hear from you.
Job Scope and Description
- Lead the generation of on-line content that engages audiences on AfA’s programmes through regular updates. Coordinate and maintain AfA’s social platforms ensuring new and up to date information (articles, interviews, community anecdotes, events) are regularly posted.
- Maintain and update the AfA and gayhealth.sg websites regularly and ensure all information is current and up to date. Collaborate with staff to update programme content, news items and blogs.
- Coordinate the development of communications materials including programme briefs and reports and the Annual report in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Coordinate the development of corporate proposals in collaboration with relevant staff
- Develop partnerships with corporations and foundations to create speaking and networking opportunities for AfA and to enhance the visibility of AfA. Keep abreast of possible collaborations and call for proposals/funding opportunities.
- Keep and update a roster of relevant media contacts. Coordinate with AfA spokespersons for media interviews and briefings.
- Identify and track effectiveness of communication interventions and channels.
- Actively engage and participate in communication initiatives for AfA collaborations.
- Lead work on communications for key AfA events such as Candlelight memorial, World AIDS Day and others.
- Collaborate on communication strategies with programmes on campaigns and other outreach events.
- Collaborate on Fundraising events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, fresh graduates in communications are welcome.
- Good writing, social media and analytical skills.
- Experience maintaining and managing website content.
- Proficient in MS office (excel, power point, word) and WordPress.
- Good communication skills.
- People orientated, innovative and creative.
- Ability to work with a wide range of partners
To apply to this position, send a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st, 2023.