ACTION FOR AIDS (AfA) IS SINGAPORE’S LEADING INDEPENDENT ORGANISATION OF HIV & SEXUAL HEALTH EXPERTS AND ADVOCATES
AfA is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to fighting HIV infection and AIDS in Singapore. It draws upon a network of healthcare professionals, advocates, educators and volunteers, to implement educational, testing, treatment and welfare programmes.
AfA was formed in 1988 in response to the global and local spread of HIV infection. It is a registered Social Service agency and has been recognised as an Institution of Public Character (IPC) since 2004. It has introduced numerous innovative projects and runs a broad range of educational outreach, HIV and STI testing, support and welfare programmes. The society’s programmes are managed and implemented by staff with the support of volunteers. The organisation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and funded through grants from government agencies, foundations and corporate partners. Additionally, AfA receives donations from both private individuals and businesses. The AfA Endowment Fund is managed by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
How We Work
- Apply expertise and deliver results
- Engage communities and key populations
- Leverage convening and networking capacity
- Harness information technology
- Synergise local efforts
- Strengthen partnerships
- Drive change and innovation
- Be accountable
What We Value
Communications ExecutiveApply Now
Action for AIDS is the leading provider of community-based HIV prevention programmes and support services in Singapore. An opportunity has aris
Action for AIDS is the leading provider of community-based HIV prevention programmes and support services in Singapore. An opportunity has arisen within its team for a Communications Executive. If you believe you have the right skill sets, attitude and want to make a difference we would like to hear from you.
Job Scope and Description
- Lead the generation of on-line content that engages audiences on AfA’s programmes through regular updates. Coordinate and maintain AfA’s social platforms ensuring new and up to date information (articles, interviews, community anecdotes, events) are regularly posted.
- Maintain and update the AfA and gayhealth.sg websites regularly and ensure all information is current and up to date. Collaborate with staff to update programme content, news items and blogs.
- Coordinate the development of communications materials including programme briefs and reports and the Annual report in collaboration with relevant staff.
- Coordinate the development of corporate proposals in collaboration with relevant staff
- Develop partnerships with corporations and foundations to create speaking and networking opportunities for AfA and to enhance the visibility of AfA.
- Keep and update a roster of relevant media contacts. Coordinate with AfA spokespersons for media interviews and briefings.
- Identify and track effectiveness of communication interventions and channels.
- Actively engage and participate in communication initiatives for AfA collaborations.
- Lead work on communications for key AfA events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with some work experience
- Good writing, social media and analytical skills
- Experience maintaining and managing website content.
- Proficient in MS office (excel, power point, word) and word press
- Good communication skills and ability to present to large audiences
- People orientated, innovative and creative. Proven ability to lead and influence others in a constructive manner and to build and sustain collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of partners (government, institutions, corporate, community groups)
To apply to this position, send a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We can be reached at :
Action for AIDS Singapore (AfA Singapore)
9 Kelantan Lane #03-01 Singapore 208628
or c/o DSC Clinic:
31 Kelantan Lane #02-16 Singapore 200031