MSM Community Symposium
The gay and MSM community is experiencing increasing numbers diagnosed with HIV infection every year. Many of the MSM who are diagnosed are young (29 years and below).
We would like to take this opportunity to invite our community stakeholders to come together as a community for a meeting to discuss the issue of HIV and MSM in Singapore and to hopefully come up with new & better ideas to stop the spread of the infection and to assist those with HIV./AIDS amongst us.
This event will be held just before Pink Dot and will be a timely call for action to keep all members of our community in good health.
- Provide updates on HIV and STI prevention , treatment and care
- Be a platform for brainstorming and sharing of resources
- Build new and strengthen existing partnerships and networks
Who Should Attend
- Community leaders and partners who have a stake and interest in HIV prevention and support for MSM
- Concerned individuals who are willing to contribute actively and constructively to the discussion
- Interested organisations should nominate key personnel to attend
- Venue : Park Royal at Pickering (Conference Room 1 Lvl 2 )
- Date: 28 June 2014
- Time: 12:30 Registration
RSVP by June 25 – Participants are welcome to stay as observers for Action for AIDS’s Annual General Meeting and thereafter, proceed across the street to Hong Lim Park for Pink Dot.
MSM Programme Outreach
|Welcome||Prof. Roy Chan|
|HIV/STIs Epidemiology and Statistic|
|HIV||Prof. Roy Chan (AFA)|
|STIs||Dr. Gavin Ong (NSC)|
|Clinical Services for MSM for HIV/STI|
|HIV||A/Prof. Lee Cheng Chuan (CDC)|
|STIs||Dr. Martin Chio (NSC)|
|Support Services for MSM and HIV|
|Coordinated Care||Anwar Hashim (AFA)|
|PLC/MSM Support Group||Paul Toh|
|Newly Diagnosed Priority Programme||Avin Tan (AFA)|
|Intervention and Education Programmes|
|Counselling||Bryan Choong (Oogachaga)|
|Youth Social Support||Hafiz Muhd (SG Rainbow)|
|Varify – Testing buddy||Nathan Renga (Purple Alliance)|
|Daniel Le/Avin Tan (AFA)|