– Be Inclusive partners with Action for AIDS to launch the Inclusive Employers Pledge where Singapore companies unite against HIV discrimination. The Pledge has been signed by 80 companies in Singapore – with Salesforce as lead signatory – and is an active demonstration of their commitment to an inclusive workplace, free from stigma and discrimination. Local NGOs such as Oogachaga, Project X and The T Project are also collaborators of this Pledge.
Action for AIDS is heartened by the Minister’s call to destigmatize HIV and to protect people living with HIV (PLHIV) from discrimination in accessing healthcare, stable employment and acceptance in society.
Verbal calls to destigmatize HIV infection and PLHIV must be followed-up with real action. Measures need to be put in place to protect PLHIV, to progress from mere guidelines to actual laws with teeth and to ensure that they have access to affordable medical care, education, jobs, health and life insurance.
We can address HIV-related stigma by asking these questions. Why do we still perceive HIV infection as a reflection of a person’s moral character?
Should our policies be reviewed in an evidence-based manner to ensure vulnerable members of society are protected?
Are HIV laws helping, or do they have the opposite effect of increasing stigma and discrimination?
Section 377A strengthens and perpetuates stigma and discrimination of Men-who-have-sex-with-men (MSM) and Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV), and Action for AIDS firmly believes that the repeal of Section 377A will significantly strengthen HIV and STI Control Programmes in Singapore, not just for the gay and other homosexual men, but indeed for everyone.
As an active citizen, Prof Roy Chan helped set up AfA 30 years ago and is currently the president of AfA. His contributions have helped shaped many communities in Singapore including marginalized groups and individuals. The organization continues to empower and engaging persons living with HIV, ensuring that their voices are heard and needs met.
This video footage is a part of S’pore Discovery Centre’s National Day 2018 ‘We’re SG’ Special Exhibition. For more information about the exhibition, please visit www.sdc.com.sg.
The number of infections among gays and other MSM reported in 2015 in Singapore was the highest ever since the start of the epidemic. This follows the drop in the number of infections in 2014 compared to 2013, and it is a disheartening statistic.
Out of the 144 cases, MOH found that about 39 per cent of them already had late-stage HIV infection when they were diagnosed. This is lower than 49 per cent last year.
Interview with Prof Roy Chan, former Director of the National Skin Centre and Founding President of Action for AIDS (Singapore). He explained why sexually-transmitted diseases are managed by dermatologists in Singapore, and also discussed the state of HIV social acceptance and management in Singapore
AFA – Anonymous Client Testing Support (ACTS)
Expression of Interest – Clinic information system
Expressions of Interest are requested from health IT software vendors or developers to provide the first stage of a system to computerise the documentation and workflow of the Anonymous Testing Service. The ATS is one of the testing and support services offered by Action For Aids Singapore, a charity focused on prevention of HIV infection.
The overall scope of the project and scope of this first stage is defined in documentation to be provided on completion of the mutual NDA. An acceptable NDA is attached. AFA will consider accepting any suitable alternative format provided by the prospective vendor, highlighting in clear English all differences between it and the sample form. It is anticipated that phase 1 will be completed by end of August 2015.
The expression of interest process will consist of:
- A maximum 5 page document outlining the scope of the solution and a high level design approach and addressing issues outlined in the documents provided, including if needed hardware requirements, timelines and ability for completion of the additional elements of the solution, IP and escrow arrangements, and 3 relevant client references with contact details. Screen captures and architectural diagrams may be added within reason to the application in addition to the 5 pages.
- A separate costing estimate covering hardware (if relevant), software, integration, implementation support and adjustments following implementation and support for the initial 12 months of operation.
- A separate Statement about approach to provision of a product demonstration. Ability to access example test systems to provide an overview of functionality and capability would be appreciated, at either the initial evaluation or short list stage.
A short list of vendors will be requested to provide:
- Demonstration of the development platform providing a demonstration implementation of a few relevant portions of the main pre-testing data collection form (see attachment A), application of a decision support rule to guide the test selection decision, workflow, and production of report in excel format.
- Demonstration of previously developed software applications if possible.
- A detailed costed proposal for stage 1 with estimated effort for delivering other components subsequently.
It is anticipated that demonstrations and interviews will be conducted remotely using GoToMeeting or similar platform.
Provision of additional tender documentation will be provided on receipt of the attached Non-disclosure agreement, binding on both parties. A confidential tender briefing and question session will be held by teleconference at a date to be agreed.
The closing date for electronic submission of EOI will be 20/07/2015
Please return the NDA electronically (signed and scanned) to
Ms Norani Othman Tel +65 6254 0212 firstname.lastname@example.org
Example of AFA client registration and data collection form is attached as an excel spreadsheet.