SACM : Singapore AIDS Candlelight Memorial
This year we bring to you the AIDS Candlelight Memorial in a virtual dimension. We are going with an online dimension this year because digital communication strategy serves as the best outreach to target mass audiences. We will be remembering those who have passed due to AIDS and also celebrating PLHIV for outliving the stigma and their loved ones who offer them their undying support.
We want the voices of PLHIV to be heard and as such we will be sharing quotes and abstracts from them on AfA Singapore’s Facebook page daily.
You can look forward to hearing from them on:
• Challenges faced by them and their loved ones
• How treatment adherence has changed their lives
• Voices on positivity via AfA linkage to treatment
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE:
• Share your thoughts via comments on each post.
• Support the posts by sharing them with others
• Change your display picture to Afa’s display picture
• Make a donation @ http://afa.org.sg/donate/
Your support means a lot to us.Thank You!
The AIDS Candlelight Memorial is one of the world’s oldest and largest grassroots mobilisation campaigns for HIV awareness in the world. Started in 1983, the International AIDS Candlelight Memorial takes place every third Sunday in May and is led by a coalition of some 1,200 community organisations in 115 countries.With the advancement of HIV management and treatment over the last decade, its purpose has changed. Today, the memorial serves as an important event to remind people that HIV is still a serious issue and the fight against HIV/AIDS must continue.