To gather news and compile the e-newsletter circulated to members, donors and volunteers
- For 1 or more editions- May, July, September, November, January
- To gather media stories, cover AfA-related events and compile content for publishing
Commitment: 1.5 months per edition
- Organize and man information points at public/private venues to primarily promote the charity to the public, as well as help with any public enquiries for information, collection of surveys.
- Promote the installation of our new donation boxes/information stands to retail stores independent F&B outlets and assist in the assembling/packing/distribution
Commitment: Weekends or Thursdays/Fridays for at least 2 months
- Conceptualize needs of campaign and translate messages into graphics, animation and videos to illustrate the cause
- Create graphics to accompany campaign publicity on brochures, websites, related collaterals
- Create animations/videos to be posted on video-sharing sites to create viral publicity for campaigns
Commitment: ad-hoc, project basis
CALLING ALL PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONALS!
Do you or someone you know have PR experience and looking for an altruistic outlet for your talents?
If so, we need you!
Action for AIDS is organising its first public fundraiser for the year on October 30th to raise vital funds for our new Women's Programme. It's going to be a fun, feel-good, mass outdoor picnic and movie day- in short a great event to be involved in.
This will be a chance to make a real difference amongst women as we are raising awareness for HIV-testing (for women) through this event. Additionally, all monies raised will go to support funds for women and their families who are affected by AIDs and programmes to educate women and young girls at risk.
We wish to reach out to 1000 women to come and support this day out, and to do so, we need the help of a PR practitioner, or someone with PR experience.
As we are primarily a volunteer organisation, we need someone who can who will generously donate whatever time they can and:
If you or perhaps a friend or colleague works in the PR industry, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12th to discuss how you could help!
- Use their already existing PR experience and contacts to help us take this vital fundraiser and awareness-raising event to the next level
- Suggest and develop creative opportunities for positive public relations in connection with the event across print, broadcast, online , social media
- Write a press release for the event
- Explore any other avenues for engaging women in this event
- Leverage sponsorship opportunities ensuring sponsors receive maximum exposure
Rolling Recruitment Drive for Volunteers at Anonymous
We are always looking to to recruit volunteers for
our HIV Counselling and Testing Clinic.
If you are not afraid of blood, and want to volunteer in our clinic and
possess a great sense of responsibility, please send in your request to:
Indicate which day: Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday, your contact
number and full name (we do get people who sign up without their full name)
If you are a trained phlebotomist, counsellor, nurse and/or doctor, pls
indicate that in your email.
Do not worry if you do not have any knowledge on HIV & AIDS or Sexually
Transmitted Diseases. Training will be provided. Look forward to
hearing from you.
Be a Volunteer
Satisfaction comes in many forms. Some get it from shopping, some from movies, some from eating lots of good food... I get my greatest satisfaction knowing my Saturday afternoon is well-spent helping out at AFA Lloyd.
Glad to be of some help to others - Bala
Worthy Cause - Yvonne
Lifes Good! - Taisong
I believe in the service we are providing - Ishak