The mass shooting in an LGBT nightclub in Orlando is a tragedy and sobering reminder of the homophobia LGBT individuals experience on a daily basis. We are shocked and saddened by what has transpired in Orlando and we share in the pain of the families and friends of the victims.
The number of infections among gays and other MSM reported in 2015 in Singapore was the highest ever since the start of the epidemic. This follows the drop in the number of infections in 2014 compared to 2013, and it is a disheartening statistic.
Out of the 144 cases, MOH found that about 39 per cent of them already had late-stage HIV infection when they were diagnosed. This is lower than 49 per cent last year.
Interview with Prof Roy Chan, former Director of the National Skin Centre and Founding President of Action for AIDS (Singapore). He explained why sexually-transmitted diseases are managed by dermatologists in Singapore, and also discussed the state of HIV social acceptance and management in Singapore
Professor Roy Chan, who is on the governing council of the International Aids Society and president of Action for Aids, told The Straits Times: “(The virus) infects and multiplies in a variety of organs – these include the brain, lymph nodes, genital tract and gut. These organs are reservoirs of HIV that are not treated and cannot be eliminated by conventional antiretroviral treatment…
Sheen, 50, told NBC’s Today show he was diagnosed about four years ago and said the reason he disclosed the information was because he was being blackmailed.
“I am here to admit that I am in fact HIV positive,” Sheen said yesterday, saying he was “not entirely sure” how he acquired the virus.
“It’s a hard three letters to absorb,” he added.
SINGAPORE – For more than two decades, foreigners infected with HIV have not been allowed to set foot in Singapore. However, the ban on those entering on short-term visit passes was lifted on April 1, The Straits Times has found out.
The ban remains for long-term visitors, such as those looking to work in Singapore or those who want to accompany a child studying here, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed.
AFA – Anonymous Client Testing Support (ACTS)
Expression of Interest – Clinic information system
Expressions of Interest are requested from health IT software vendors or developers to provide the first stage of a system to computerise the documentation and workflow of the Anonymous Testing Service. The ATS is one of the testing and support services offered by Action For Aids Singapore, a charity focused on prevention of HIV infection.
The overall scope of the project and scope of this first stage is defined in documentation to be provided on completion of the mutual NDA. An acceptable NDA is attached. AFA will consider accepting any suitable alternative format provided by the prospective vendor, highlighting in clear English all differences between it and the sample form. It is anticipated that phase 1 will be completed by end of August 2015.
The expression of interest process will consist of:
- A maximum 5 page document outlining the scope of the solution and a high level design approach and addressing issues outlined in the documents provided, including if needed hardware requirements, timelines and ability for completion of the additional elements of the solution, IP and escrow arrangements, and 3 relevant client references with contact details. Screen captures and architectural diagrams may be added within reason to the application in addition to the 5 pages.
- A separate costing estimate covering hardware (if relevant), software, integration, implementation support and adjustments following implementation and support for the initial 12 months of operation.
- A separate Statement about approach to provision of a product demonstration. Ability to access example test systems to provide an overview of functionality and capability would be appreciated, at either the initial evaluation or short list stage.
A short list of vendors will be requested to provide:
- Demonstration of the development platform providing a demonstration implementation of a few relevant portions of the main pre-testing data collection form (see attachment A), application of a decision support rule to guide the test selection decision, workflow, and production of report in excel format.
- Demonstration of previously developed software applications if possible.
- A detailed costed proposal for stage 1 with estimated effort for delivering other components subsequently.
It is anticipated that demonstrations and interviews will be conducted remotely using GoToMeeting or similar platform.
Provision of additional tender documentation will be provided on receipt of the attached Non-disclosure agreement, binding on both parties. A confidential tender briefing and question session will be held by teleconference at a date to be agreed.
The closing date for electronic submission of EOI will be 20/07/2015
Please return the NDA electronically (signed and scanned) to
Ms Norani Othman Tel +65 6254 0212 firstname.lastname@example.org
Example of AFA client registration and data collection form is attached as an excel spreadsheet.
We are proud to be part of Youth Got Heart 2015. Since 2008, Raffles Institution’s (Year 5-6) Interact Club have been organising the annual Youth Got Heart (YGH). YGH 2015 is also marking SG50 here at Toa Payoh Hub Atrium. Drop by and find out more about AfA or to sign up as a volunteer.
About Youth Got Heart
YGH is a roadshow that connects VWOs such as yourself with youth volunteers all over Singapore!
This year, YGH will be slightly different as we are a SG50 event! This is an extremely exciting prospect for all of us and we really do hope that you can be a part of it!