Sexual Health Counsellor (Part Time Position)
- Provide support and counselling to clients on issues of sexual identity, adolescent sexual health, addiction, relationship and psychosexual issues
- Maintain case files for follow up and evaluate outcomes
- Lead the review and content development of counselling related training materials and undertake periodic training of AfA volunteers and staff
- Provide information, education and counselling to persons newly diagnosed with HIV
- Provide on-going counselling to AfA PLHIV support group members as required.
- Provide follow up counselling and psychosocial care for PLHIVs as required with a focus on enhancing their overall well-being.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Reports to the General Manager
- Experience in professional counselling on sexual health in MSM/LGBT and youth, and others vulnerable to HIV.
- A relevant degree (in Psychology, Health Sciences, Social Science or related discipline) with certification in counselling.
- Working knowledge of clinical and psycho-social aspects of HIV, STIs and sexual health related issues with knowledge and experience in sexual health promotion.
- Good understanding of issues related to mental health, addiction and other issues relevant to HIV
- Experience in counselling related curriculum development and training